So is no real surprise my all time favorite Teen Movie from the 80’s was the 1984 Night of the Comet. There was a summer back then where it seemed like every time you turned on Showtime Night of the Comet was playing. Needless to say every time it played I watched it.
Night of the Comet was the story of a comet that returns to Earth for the first time since the age of Dinosaurs. Everyone is excited to see the comet and big parties are being held all over. Of course this is a movie so this can not end well. The morning after the comet, almost all people on earth have been turned into what looks like Cherry Kool-Aid Drink Mix.
The movie is their story as the fight to survive. Along the way they pick up other survivors, A Truck Driver and a little boy and girl. In their quest for survival they face off against mutated half survivors and evil scientist from a military bunker.
2014 would mark 30 years since the release of Night of the Comet and I would love more then to see them release a sequel to Night of the Comet to celebrate that 30th anniversary.
The movie could pick up the story of our five survivors and show how they have struggled to survive in the time since. Showing how they have teamed with others they have found to form a community only to find that they must now go head to head with another group of survivors who want to take over all they have built up.
I know the odds of ever seeing that happen are about the same as me winning the Lottery though so I am not holding my breath.
If you are in the mood for some pure camp fan though, I would highly recommend checking the film out!
Turns out the full movie is posted on Youtube, so you can do just that!
Taken from the League page on the Topic:
- Reis O’Brien at the Lair of the Dork Horde wants to see an intergalactic rematch in The Last Starfighter.
- Shawn Robare, of Branded in the 80′s would love to see more hairy situations with a sequel to The Peanut Butter Solution.
- Christopher Tupa thinks David Bowie still has what it takes and wants to revisit Labyrinth.
- Dex at AEIOU and Sometimes Why also wondered whatever happened with the Labyrinth.
- Michael May’s Adventureblog thinks Tom Cruise should make a followup to Legend (maybe they could call it “Legend-wait for it-ary”).
- TL at Flashlights are Something to Eat wonders whatever happened to the kids from Shermer High’s Breakfast Club.
- Brian at Cool & Collected (that’s me!) was also curious about how the Breakfast Club spent the last 30 years.
- Iok from That Figures chooses to forget the Crystal Skull even happened, and wants to see another Indiana Jones movie.
- Paxton Holley at the Cavalcade of Awesome imagines Matthew Broderick as a top NSA cryptographer in the sequel to War Games.
- The Claymation Werewolf was surprisingly the first to chime in on The Monster Squad (but not the last!).
- Soon after, Double Dumbass on You quickly turned in his report on The Monster Squad.
- And Kevin over at Team Hellions also imagined a sequel to The Monster Squad. (Hollywood, make this happen!)
- Fiji Mermaid at Sideshow Cinema wants to revisit those nice young boys from Kids.
- Tom at Freak Studios was the only one brave enough to tackle a Goonies reunion.
- I haven’t seen Olivia Newton John in a while, but John at Revenge from the Cosmic Ark would love to see a modern sequel to Xanadu (he also had a couple of honorable mentions:Message from Space and Star Crash).
- The Sexy Geeks House of Swag wants to go Back to the Future a fourth time…
- While Colin at Fairplaythings looks into the future 30 years, in anticipation of a Kick Ass sequel with a 75 year old Nic Cage.
- BubbaShelby at Toyriffic also cheated a little and wondered what Scott Pilgrim would be up to in 30 years. (That’s okay guys. The League encourages cheating. We call it “being creative!”)
- Harley at the Eidetic Memory tackled the only animated entry this week in choosing Hey Arnold!
- And finally, Jeff at Siftin’ came up with a documentary idea that absolutely NEEDS to be made: Shermer, Illinois.